Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 8: Sunday Football

Even after only two days of work, a day off was very nice, although I think we ended up getting more tired because of it.  We decided to sleep in late, so naturally we woke up at 8:00 and figured we would eat breakfast, which was a great choice.  The meal consisted of homemade bread and cheese and scrambled eggs, an excellent combination that I ate way too much of.  Trying to catch up on our journals, Warner and I sat outside to write, but some of the people from the village quickly came up and asked if we wanted to play soccer, which we obviously said yes to.  Team USA actually held its own pretty well against the Bolivians, but the altitude was really terrible for any sport that running is involved.  I think I was gasping for air about the whole time.  Nap time ensued after lunch, until Will, Warner and I decided to go with the girls, Afnon and Tim to the hot springs.  These were basically a big bath tub filled with hot water. It felt so nice to relax and get clean.  After a fun car ride back and some revelry when we got back, we just hung out for most of the night until I felt like I needed to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment