Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 16: I missed you Pampoyo

After 3 days of being sick in Potosi, I think I can speak for a lot of people in saying that we were ready to head back to Pampoyo.  With only a few days left to work, we quickly unpacked and ate some lunch when we got back to Pampoyo before getting back to work at about 1:00.  It was astonishing to see what our teams had finished since we had been gone.  We worked until about 5:00 before going up to the school house for a post baptism party that was much more elaborate than I was expecting.
The town had rented and outfitted the room with huge speakers for the night's festivities that proved to be plenty loud.  After some waiting we had a great dinner of llama and different types of potatoes that was delicious.  Some toasts followed dinner and then we pushed the tables aside and started dancing.  This dancing was still just bobbing back and forth with the music, so Will and I decided to kick it up a notch and grabbed Hannah and Perry and danced with them.  It was kind of a competition between me and Will and it was a pretty close one at that, but ill give him the victory.  We had call it quits at some point because the dancing wore me out.  Will kept partying late into the night but myself, Warner and some others called it quits in order to get some rest for another work day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment